Blueprint Furniture | Parking Lot Sale Weekend | Nov 5+6 | Save up to 50%This weekend, Blueprint Furniture will have its famous semi-annual Storewide Parking Lot Sale Saturday Nov 5th through Sunday Nov 6th from 10am-6pm. We'll offer an incredible collection of modern, mid century and contemporary living room, dining room, bedroom, office furniture, and lighting - all on Sale! Additionally we feature many one-of-a-kind and floor sample items, many of which will be below our cost! If you are looking for iconic furniture classics
we have those on sale as well. Also on sale will be modern art and decor including paintings, mir rors and sculptures. Save up to 50% or more on select items! Don't miss the incredible savings! (Saturday and Sunday only). Please note that we will be closed Monday after the sale.Blueprint | 8600 Pico Blvd | Los Angeles | 90035 | blueprintfurniture.com
You want your home to look as spacious as possible without compromising the essentials. Here’s your all-encompassing guide to creating a lucrative—albeit minimal—space for your Los Angeles home:
Sectional Couches are Life Savers
Sectional couches, on a first thought, may be huge. But they may be the best use of your space, considering you don’t have much in your tiny Los Angeles studio. Just throw them into a corner, and they provide enough seating for all of your friends. Not to mention, they double over as great beds!
The Modern Lamp Theory
Yes, lamps are for light, and yes, they are often there for décor. However, it’s been theorized over and over again that the light illuminated from a lamp can make any space look bigger, more comforting, and certainly is easier on the eyes that overhead lights.
A Good Ol’ Office Chair
Modern furniture in Los Angeles is not hard to come by, but be careful when shopping for an office chair. A good, space-efficient chair is hard to come by. It doesn’t have to be on wheels, but if it does, make sure it effectively fits with your desk, so it optimizes the surface area. Also, be aware that most chairs on wheels can be bulky. A nice tall leather chair may seem intriguing, but won’t be the best use of your space.
Mirrors are Your Friend
The more mirrors you have, the better, and here’s why. Looking at mirrors definitely exudes the idea that the space is bigger than it is. The more mirrors you have, likely the more leg-room you think you’ve got. It’s all about the mind games, people.
Doubling Over as Storage
Anything that’s a home good and can double over as storage is a good choice. Some nice choices are ottomans, which hold a good amount of knick-knacks and are comfortable chairs. Beds with cabinets in the frame help hold some of those clothing items that are just oozing out of those wardrobe dressers.
Couch and Coffee Table Go Hand in Hand
The living room is the very first thing that’s looked at by anyone, and so it needs to be the thing that turns heads. That being said, it’s important to go big with only one, if any. If the couch is huge, go for a small coffee table, and vise versa.
Or Maybe Even a Sleeper Sofa
If you’re going to have guests over and can’t figure out for the life of you where to put them, a good idea for the living room is a sleeper sofa. In Los Angeles, it might be often that a friend is couch hopping; this would be the weather to vacation in! If you don’t have a living room, this may be the piece of furniture that distinguishes when you’re ready to party and when it’s time for a siesta.
Always look for space efficiency but don’t compromise! Remember that minimalism doesn’t mean skirting round furniture; instead attempt to amp up where necessary, and reduce where not. A bed is one of the most important parts of living, and that shouldn’t be compromised. If you are attempting for some classy nightstands, definitely look into it. It should only help the place be homier.
These are just a few nice ways to amp up your home but remember, at the end of the day, you’ll change things a million times until you find the perfect puzzle piece. For great service and perfect furniture, check out Blue Print Furniture. You won’t be disappointed.
When looking for ways to increase employee productivity and happiness, many people focus on benefits, bonuses, and perks. However, by paying special attention to the actual spaces your employees work in and following a few simple steps, minor changes in the workplace can prove to be highly beneficial and result in increased productivity. While places such as Google, Facebook, and Airbnb have become well known for their unique workspaces, there are ten key steps you can make to take your workplace to the next level and increase employee productivity.
- Stand Up Desks | With our society becoming more and more health conscious in recent years, stand up desks have become one of the most recent trends in terms of modern office design. Not only do these desks offer health benefits to your employees, but they also provide them a break from spending eight hours a day sitting in a chair. Many employees have reported they would prefer to work standing up as opposed to sitting down. There are also desks available that can convert between sitting and standing desks throughout the day, based on each individual employee’s desire. Check out our BDI Sequel Lift Desk, in gorgeous walnut / black glass top, steel mechanical lift, cord management, and programmable height setting with digital display.
- Add Some Color | There’s nothing worse than walking into work and staring at nothing but white walls, computer screens, and the same off-blue cubicle fabric all day long. Bring your company’s brand and logo to life by offering a splash of color in the workplace. Be it with paint or furniture, offering an alternative from boring old white will leave employees feeling inspired and creative. Greens and blues have been found to boost employee morale most while maintaining a positive atmosphere. Color also makes lobbies much more inviting for company guests, as well.
- Separate Work & Break Areas | Many small offices, especially those such as commercial real estate offices or small law firms have fallen victim to implementing the infamous small break room. Hidden in a dark corner of the office, with cheap countertops and basic appliances, these spaces don’t provide much of an escape to employees. Offering a true break room that feels separate from their workspace will go a long way in keeping employees energized and refreshed after returning from break. Some larger companies have even gone as far as having corporate chefs available in their kitchen to cook meals for employees.
- Offer Alternative Workspaces | The addition of laptops, tablets, and Wi-Fi have eliminated the need for employees to be tied down to a desk and a desktop computer anymore. Offering alternative workspaces such as couches, chairs, or other comfortable areas has been proven to increase productivity. Even offering more comfortable desk chairs is a small step in the right direction. Some offices have gone as far as adding swinging chairs and cots for their employees to use. Consider Blueprint's Custom Upholstery Line for outfitting your creative and collaborative workplaces. Blueprint also carries a wide variety of accent chairs, lounges and stools to provide alternative seating for your employees.
- Cut Down on Clutter | There is nothing worse to work in than a cluttered workspace. As an employer, you can help reduce this problem in two key ways:
- Object Based Clutter – Offering your employees ample storage, drawers, and cabinets will help keep their work surface clear and free of clutter. Many companies have also turned to digital document storage to eliminate the need for filing papers onsite and storing them elsewhere.
- Wire-Based Clutter – With all the different devices we use in the workplace today, one simple desk can quickly turn into a plethora of wires and cables. Implementing cable management to discreetly hide these cables will help eliminate clutter and keep employees free of messy distractions. Adding USB outlets to workspaces is another small step to take that will cut down on cable clutter. Our BDI Series and others have wire management as part of the design! Just ask Blueprint sales associates about your cable management solutions
- Bring Employees Together | With mobile computing solutions, there is no longer the need for a 1:1 employee to desk ratio, and cubicles are quickly becoming a thing of the past. In team-based workplaces, the implementation of community work tables is becoming more common. Similar to tables often found at Starbucks, these tables allow large groups to quickly and efficiently work together without bouncing between cubicles or working off a massive email chain.
- Add Some Texture | Just as adding color to a workplace has its benefits, so does adding texture. From different kinds of flooring and lighting, to unique fabrics and window treatments, all of these variables can go a long way in transforming a space from a cold, harsh office to a warm, inviting workplace. Fire and water installations have started making an appearance in many offices, taking workplace design to the next level
- Have Flexible Layouts | Modular workspaces are quickly becoming the new standard in today’s modern office. These systems allow not only the rearranging of an individual’s workspace to meet the needs of their task, but as well as the combination of multiple workspaces for group tasks. Modular workspaces in additional to mobile furniture increase efficiency as well as allow your office to receive a mini-makeover whenever it's time to make things feel fresh again.
- Go Outdoors | Just as offering variations on the workplace indoors has its benefits, employers should also consider expanding outdoors as well. From courtyards to rooftop offices, outdoor spaces offer employees a refreshing alternative to stuffy interior offices all day long. Many employees will be more productive outdoors, especially on mild spring and fall days. If outdoor space is not an option, consider bringing the outdoors inside with plants or other green space within your office.
- Let the Employees Design | If trying to make employees happy and productive, who better to consult with than the employees themselves? Talk to the people who work day-to-day in your office and find out what would work best for the kind of work they do, and any recommendations that they may have. Allowing employees to personalize their workspaces will also help them feel more comfortable, and in turn more productive. After many studies concluding in positive results, numerous offices have started allowing employees to bring their dogs to work. Bringing pets to work has proven to be so beneficial, some companies have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to transform their office into one that is canine friendly.
Implementing these practices into your workplace is one of many steps that can be taken toward creating the ultimate productivity-oriented office. Employees are sure to appreciate all the efforts taken, as this also creates a more comfortable, inviting atmosphere for them to work in on a day to day basis.
View and Purchase at our Showroom:
8600 Pico Blvd | Los Angeles 90035 | 310.657.4315
OPEN 7 Days | M-F 10-7 | Sat 10-6 | Sun 12-5
Guest Post by Tinpaw
Scratching is a natural cat behavior. Despite their domestication, cats retain their natural wild instincts. Scratching helps them to groom their claws, while the scratching motion aids in the removal of dead sheaths from their claws.
Cats also scratch as a means of marking territory, since their front paws have scent glands. Some cats will also scratch as a means of exercising which helps them to stretch their back and front leg muscles.
The problem occurs when this natural feline behavior extends to your living space, especially your furniture. The good news is that you don’t have to live with this behavior anymore, if you apply the following tips.
Provide Alternative Scratching Surfaces
You will not succeed training your cat to stop scratching furniture, if you don’t provide an appropriate scratching surface. However, there are various factors to consider, when looking for an appropriate scratching surface.
One important feature is weight. If a climbing tree or scratching post does not hold up and tends to be unsteady, then your feline friend will definitely abandon it. Also ensure any scratching surface you provide or purchase will be tall enough. This enables the cat to stretch fully when scratching. A short scratching post will be abandoned and the cat will opt for a tall table leg.
You can also place the appropriate scratching surface next to the cat feeder. Have a mixture of vertical and horizontal scratchers, to give your cat variety. Additionally, ensure they are several throughout the house.
Make Your Furniture Unpleasant For Scratching
When you go to work, your cat will also go to work and your comfortable couch will be destroyed slowly. If you want to discourage this behavior when you are not present, there are some remedies.
For example, a double-sided tape is an excellent deterrent. When its favorite scratching spot becomes sticky, the cat will abandon it immediately. Go for the removable type, which is normally used to fix party decorations.
You can also spray the affected area with citrus scents. If the usual scratching post smells odd, while the appropriate scratching surface smells of catnip, then the cat will simply opt for the appropriate scratching surface.
Trimming the Claws
Although it will not eliminate the problems, trimming the claws will minimize the damage caused. Trimming will depend on the temperament and age of the cat. If you have a young cat or a kitten, this is the appropriate time to get them used to it. Trimming can be very essential, especially when training them to transition to appropriate scratching surfaces.
Ensure you use good cat claw trimmers. However, always first consult a vet, or conduct thorough research, to determine the best way of doing it without causing the cat any harm. Removing the sharp bits from a cat’s nail will create a significant difference, and you will even notice less damage, within the time.
Stress is another factor that may contribute to scratching behavior. If you introduce new furniture to your house, the cat realizes some change, and this change equals stress. In such a situation, there are pheromone sprays you can purchase from a pet store.
Spray them on the walls or on the new furniture, and you will be surprised by the level of calmness afforded to the cat. The cat will calm down and avoid attacking your furniture.
These are more of vinyl covers, which were invented by a veterinarian more than 20 years ago. These paws have saved thousands of cats from the agonizing practice of declawing. They are available in different colors. They can last for around six weeks.
Once you realize that your cat’s scratching is more of a natural instinct and not a destructive prank, you can easily find a happy solution. With the above tips, the damage on your furniture will be significantly reduced. One more thing, never consider declawing your cat.
My name is Diana Hutchinson. I am the founder of Tinpaw I have more than 10-years’ experience in nurturing and caring cats. I love them. Since long ago they had been became important members of my family.
A gaming room can be the most exciting room in your living space. It is the epicenter of entertainment and does not allow boredom to overcome you for too long. Gaming rooms are all inclusive that bring friends and family together and doesn’t mix different moods that multipurpose rooms may do. Blueprint Furniture of Los Angeles has a wide array of contemporary furniture to help you decorate your gaming room. Here are a few things to consider to create an aesthetically pleasing gaming room.
Type of Gaming Room
Is it going to feature a gaming table in the center of the room? Is it going to mimic the theater experience and include gaming consoles? Or will It be a PC gaming room? Also, decide the theme of your room is going to be. Whichever it is going to be this is when you decide because your furnishing will be determined by this decision.
Modern Sofas and Sectionals in Los Angeles
Determine how many people at a time could be in your gaming room. This is usually dictated by the amount of space you have to work with so choose your furniture accordingly.
Sofas and sectionals are the way to go if you plan on entertaining a lot of guests who may just want to relax in between games. It works in rooms that feature console gaming or board games where multiplayer games set friendly competition. Consider the 1295 Sectional for concave seating where everyone can get a good view of the screen.
For gaming table-centric rooms, you need as much space as possible to fully emphasize your pool table or ping pong table. This set up can use bar stools or Calais benches because they are usually set along walls. Whatever your gaming room is going to feature, always keep comfort in mind. Think about things like what kind of seating works best for long hours of video gaming or table games with short bursts of action.
The Right Desk or Table
PC gamers who intend on using their gaming room for themselves will enjoy luxury office furniture such as the Ballard L Desk because it provides just enough space for their monitor and peripherals, leaving all the excess space other desks may have off on their right-hand side for easy access to things they may need later. They can be set at a corner leaving a lot of open space for other modern office furniture from Blueprint Furniture in Los Angeles.
If your room is going to feature console gaming or movie viewing, a beautiful mid-century modern coffee table that matches the color of your room is an essential addition to set in the center of your sofas to rest your feet on or put down drinks, snacks and controllers.
Lastly, if your room is centered around the table itself, choose the game table of your choice and work your way from there.
Modern lighting is important for preserving your guests’ and your eyesight. Straining your eyes before every move will tire them out and is not conducive in having a good time logging in long hours of gaming. Not only is lighting good for sustaining eyesight, but it is also a great way to accent your table. When you walk in towards a table that has a spotlight above it, it feels like a big deal. For seating areas designed for watching a television screen, floor lamps flanking sofas or sectionals work well because they don’t flood the room with too much light.
Blueprint Furniture in Los Angeles has all the contemporary furniture you need to brighten up your gaming room or any other room in your living space. Shop now and discover the unlimited possibilities for your home!
Functionality in a Small Space
Residents in small homes or lofts know how much of a struggle it is to decorate their home without sacrificing space. After all, what good is an end table when all that can fit on it is the TV remote and a cup of coffee?
There are plenty of ways to incorporate decorative pieces into your home without sacrificing your style. The trick lies in choosing pieces that combine functionality and style.
How to Effectively Decorate Your Small Space
As with any home project, you must start with the basics and that means your larger furniture pieces.
Large furniture will take up the majority of space in any room and there is no way around it. Rather than settle for a piece that only has one function, look for furniture that can also double as another piece.
For example, our Longhorn Sleeper Sofa is a beautifully designed sofa that can be folded out into a bed. Which is perfect for one bedroom homes or homes that lack space for a guest. Our sleeper sofa is also easier to fold out than others on the market but lacks the “college dorm room” look of a futon.
Speaking of entertaining guests, you want to be sure there is enough room to gather around the dinner table. A large table is not practical in a small space when only two people use it every day. Look for a small table that contains an extension. There are plenty of tables on the market that have an extension that will turn a four person table into a six person table with ease. Even if you do not entertain, a larger can be useful when you need a large space to complete a project.
Once you have taken care of the basics then it is time to incorporate decorative touches to your home that also provide necessary functions.
Lighting for example is necessary and the easiest way to add it to your home is through floor lamps. When floor space is lacking then lamps can take up valuable room. Opt for hanging light fixtures instead.
The Apollo Pendant Lamp is an industrial style hanging lamp that is perfect for the modern home or loft. It is a piece that will surely draw eyes while providing enough light for dining or reading.
Or choose the String Pendant Light for a softer, more interesting look. There is not denying how popular the String Pendant is, it is no wonder since it is an attention grabber.
If you prefer a more traditional lamp then look to table lamps and place them on an end table. Not only will you have light but a place to store extra items that lay around your home. Choose end tables that have built-in drawers so that you may keep extra paper, pens, or store away your tablets and extra cords when they are not in use. If you need more space for clothes, end tables are wonderful for underwear or pajamas.
Residents of Los Angeles can look to Blueprint for all of their functional, decorative pieces. If you are simply looking for decorative pieces for your home then we are also the go-to place. Peruse our inventory by visiting our site or visit us in-store at 8600 Pico Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90035
By: Danielle HegedusGuest Post by Modernize BlogWant to shake things up this summer? So do we! Perhaps you want to transform your home into a calm oasis with clean lines and no clutter. Maybe you’re just looking to cultivate an interesting art collection at a reasonable price. Whatever your design goals, let us help you experiment to make your home truly reflect your personal style. Whatever the size of your budget or space, read on to learn about new design trends that you can adopt to give your space a fresh feel and new energy this summer.Invest in High Quality Mid-Century Modern Classic FurnitureDo you find yourself watching “Mad Men” just to ogle the set design? Are you a big fan of throwbackThursday? If you’re a sucker for nostalgia, you definitely need to check out mid-century modernfurniture. Inspired by designers like Charles and Ray Eames, Arne Jacobsen, and Eero Saarinen, mid-century modern pieces are timeless with clean lines and sleek geometry that work with almost any existing design scheme. Mid Century fits with a variety of more modern items. We love this Star Dining Table that adds a level of sophistication to any space. If you like to keep your purchases local, supporting your local economy and reducing your environmental footprint, the Brink Custom Sofa is a great investment, crafted with contemporary fabrics made right in Los Angeles. A part of Blueprint's custom upholstery collection, the Brink is made to order, so you can fully customize this piece to work with your existing design scheme.Showcase a Well-Curated Collection of Design AccentsWhether you’re doing a complete design makeover or just updating the look of your space, detailsmatter. That said, you want to avoid the appearance of clutter at all costs. It makes it more difficult to clean, and it’s just poor Feng Shui. Instead, be very deliberate about every item that comes into your home and make sure you absolutely love it. For instance, if you’re looking to add interest to an otherwise dull dining area, consider a light fixture that adds drama. We especially like the Pia Pendant Lamp with its connected chrome plates that create the illusion of a warm glowing ball of mirrors. This piece will definitely dazzle your guests and adds high style to an otherwise drab room. If you’d like to make your space look bigger and brighter, mirrors can work wonders. Even better, you don’t have to worry about any colors clashing with your existing design. We love this Facet Mirror that feels like a window to the outdoors.If you have the opposite problem and your space is feeling a little less-than- cozy, a rug is a great way to pull a room together and add some warmth. Consider a selection from Surya Rugs, such as the Aros, handcrafted in India with special attention paid to the quality of the material and the vibrant color. Or, take a look at our selection of top quality brazilian cowhides!Gray is the New Beige!We almost hate to say this because beige can be pretty boring, but the point is, gray is a great neutral base for your design scheme. A wide array of grays—from pale heather gray to a deep charcoal gray—will complement each other and will really make your accent colors pop. These sleek Brando Dining Chairs provide an attractive and neutral base for your dining area, allowing a beautiful chandelier or vibrant tableware to take center stage. Similarly, the upholstered headboard on the Logan Bed is sophisticated on its own, but will also complement a variety of bedding options.We hope this helps inspire your style makeover! Feel free to mix and match these trends to create adesign scheme that reflects your personal style. After all, the most important element of design is toensure the space works for you. Happy styling!At Home Improvement Leads, we love a design makeover.
Now on Sale: Orion Floor Samples!
View and Purchase at our Showroom:
8600 Pico Blvd | Los Angeles 90035 | 310.657.4315
OPEN 7 Days | M-F 10-7 | Sat 10-6 | Sun 12-5
View and Purchase at our Showroom:
8600 Pico Blvd | Los Angeles 90035 | 310.657.4315
OPEN 7 Days | M-F 10-7 | Sat 10-6 | Sun 12-5